Poconos hunting options are plentiful. Our region has long served as host to outdoorsmen from around the world. The range of mountain, field and stream habitats allows Poconos hunting to be a real adventure. And though certain movies filmed here may prompt the idea that zombies and other supernatural forces awaits outdoors, for the most part, Poconos hunting involves more conventional critters like deer, wild turkey and bear. There is an estimated 40 deer per square mile in the Poconos. In fact, Pennsylvania is second in the nation when it comes to the number of deer caught each year. For hunters, there’s more than 1.2 million acres of state land in Pennsylvania. So much of that state land can be conveniently accessed in-and-around our area, making Poconos hunting all the more possible. Though Poconos Resort Realty traditionally helps home hunters, many of our customers have provided feedback on their favorite places to hunt game. The following list reflects a few places you’ll want to explore.
Poconos Hunting Locations
- Beltzville State Park: pheasants, ruffed grouse, waterfowl, deer, and rabbits.
- Delaware State Forest: deer, turkey, small game, and black bear.
- Big Pocono State Park: deer, turkey, small game, and black bear.
- Promised Land Park: deer, turkey, small game, and black bear.
- Tobyhanna State Park: deer, turkey, small game, and black bear.
- Gouldsboro State Park: deer, turkey, black bear, and small game.
- Hickory Run State Park: deer, black bear, squirrels, snowshoe hare, and turkey.
- State Game Lands #141 & #129 in the Jim Thorpe region are good, too.
- State Game Lands #209, #116, #180, and #183 totaling over 20,000 acres, have lots of deer/few black bear.
To enjoy hunting options in the Poconos, make sure you take time to learn more about what’s in season as well as PA hunting regulations. All the information you’ll need can be found by visiting the website of our Game Commission by Clicking Here.